BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP MIX
Virginia Blue Ridge Broccoli Cheddar Soup combines beautiful broccoli florets, fresh additions of cream and cheddar cheese to create this decadent classic. Perfect comfort food and ready in 45 minutes.
Nutrition: No added salt or artificial anything, Certified Gluten Free
Rice, Potato, Broccoli, Carrot, Onion, Yellow Bell Pepper, Cardamom, Bay Leaf
What you need:
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth (32 oz.)
- 1 cup heavy cream or half & half (8 oz.)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- optional vegetable additions: 2 cups chopped, fresh or frozen broccoli or cauliflower, or 5 oz. package fresh baby spinach plus 1 cup broth, as needed.)
- In a 3 or 4-quart pot, bring broth to a boil. Reduce heat. Stir in soup mix and optional vegetable additions plus 1 cup broth as needed.
- Return to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cream and cheese. Return to stovetop, cover and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- For thicker soup use a hand immersion blender to puree the soup, or gently mash the vegetables with a fork, stir well and serve.
0 stars based on 0 reviews