CINCINNATI STYLE SWEET CHILI MIX
Secret Ingredient Chili
Cincinnati Style Sweet Chili’s secret ingredients of cinnamon and unsweetened chocolate give this dark red kidney bean mix its original character. The addition of barbeque sauce to ground beef adds a sweet tang to this easy-to-prepare chili in only 45 minutes.
- Serves 8
- No added salt
- Nothing artificial
- Vegan friendly
- Heat: Mild
- May contain milk, soy
Dark Red Kidney Bean, Unsweetened Dark Chocolate, Onion, Cinnamon, Cumin, Ancho Chile, Paprika, Oregano, Bay Leaf.
What you need:
- 2 lbs Ground sirloin (or chuck or round)
- 1 Can of tomato sauce (26-30 oz.)
- ½ cup Barbeque sauce (sweet rather than smoky)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- In a 3 to 4-quart pot, crumble and brown ground meat in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, if desired.
- Stir in chili mix, tomato sauce, barbeque sauce, water, brown sugar and red wine vinegar.
- Bring chili to a boil and then reduce to simmer.
- Add contents of chocolate packet, cover and cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve